Sunday, September 9, 2012

Recipe #19 - Blue Cheese Turkey Burger

My husband went to the meat shop (is there another word for that?) a couple of weeks ago and brought home some AMAZING blue cheese burgers. Given our desire to try to eat a little bit healthier, I decided I would try to make some blue cheese TURKEY burgers and see how they taste. :)

Ingredients
1 lb Jennie-O Ground Turkey
1-2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
1 tsp Worchestire sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions
1. Mix all of the ingredients together by hand.
2. Divide the meat mixture into 4 even sections. Form each section with your hands into patties. I like to make mine as this as thin and uniform as possible to help decrease the cook time and so that they cook evenly.
2. I used the stove to cook our burgers, but you can use the grill as well of course. On the stove, I pre-heated the pan over medium-high heat. Place the patties in the pan.
3. Cook the patties until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (about 10 minutes). Flip the patties over once or twice during cooking. Enjoy!

Results
Really flavorful! I used to make turkey burgers more, but they had NO taste. I would just load them up with cheese and toppings, which negated the healthy reason I was trying to make turkey burgers in the first place. I literally just placed one of the patties on a bun and ate it with just the bread, no toppings. So good! I will definitely make these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment