Friday, September 7, 2012

Quick&Easy Recipe - Kraft Fresh Take

It occurred to me today while making dinner that while I have not made a new "homemade/made from scratch type" recipe every week, I have tried a few new quick and easy, semi-homemade recipes that I could share in case anyone else dreads the question as much as I do, "what are we having for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/brunch/linner/etc." :)

On the menu tonight - Kraft Fresh Take

We tried the Southwest Three Cheese flavor a couple of months ago and LOVED it, so I decided to try another flavor (and by "decided" I mean they were out of the Southwest flavor, so I was forced to try a new one). :) Maybe the secret is already out around here that this stuff is AWESOME!

This is SO easy! I purchased one package of the thin chicken breasts (about 1lb). You open the Kraft package and mix the cheese/crumbs together. Then wet the chicken (I used one egg as suggested to dip the chicken in). Finally dip the wet chicken in the pouch and place it in a greased pan and stick it in the oven! 30 minutes later I prayed that the chicken had reached the recommended internal temperature (165 degrees). When the meat thermometer read 170, I cut one piece open just to make sure it wasn't pink. (I don't have the best history with meat cooking to the right temperature in the oven in the recommended time for some reason.) No pink on the inside, good to go!

Kraft Fresh Take chicken and Skinnygirl Pina Colada w/pineapple juice

You may notice an adult beverage in the picture. For those of you that know me well, you know I drink socially at events and while I am traveling for work but I RARELY drink at home. My husband is the same way. However, recently, we heard one alcoholic drink a night is "good" for you. It doesn't even have to be red wine now according to the new research. Sold! We are trying to have one adult beverage in the evening. This is night #1 of this experiment. :) My beverage of choice this evening - a Skinnygirl cocktail. I love Bethenny Frankel! I tried the Skinnygirl Margarita a long time ago and thought it was rather strong for me (again, reference above, I am a lightweight) but thought I would give some of her new drinks a try. Knowing I might think it was strong for me, I thought mixing the Pina Colada with pineapple juice would be tasty....and I was RIGHT! Yum! :) My formula - 1 part Skinnygirl Pina Colada to 2 parts pineapple juice.

Results:  D E L I C I O U S!! My husband and I both loved this chicken. This Kraft Fresh Take makes me look like a gourmet chef (or at least better than a novice). :) We will definitely be trying the other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment