Saturday, June 2, 2012

Recipe #13 - Egg Salad


I have been traveling a lot and seen egg salad sandwiches on menus everywhere lately, but didn't want to try one at a restaurant. I figured I could make one at home! It has been FOREVER since I have boiled an egg. Given my year long experience of new recipes, I figured a good egg salad could be added to my list.

I searched the internet and basically all recipes were about the same with a few variations. Below is what I ended up making.

Ingredients
4 hard boiled eggs
3 to 1 ratio of light mayo to dijon mustard (add more or less to taste)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

Directions
1. Hard boil the eggs. Put the raw eggs in a pot filled with just enough cold water to cover the eggs. Bring the water to boil. Once the water boils for 1-2 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and place a lid on the pot. Let the eggs steam for 10-12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the hot water with a slotted spoon and place them into a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or until you can safely handle the eggs.
2. Peel the shells off the eggs and discard. Slice the eggs into small pieces. Mix the egg, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add mayo/mustard/salt/pepper to taste.
3. Serve with crackers or on toasted bread! Enjoy!

Results
So simple. So delicious. I could definitely see myself making this again and trying some of the variations I saw online. I can check off one more thing from my list - successfully boiled an egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment